• question-icon

Why is my son's finger turning into green color after an injury?

Posted on Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in General Health
Question: My son slammed his finger in the car door this morning, and the nurse at school apparently drained it. I have been told that it was only the tip of his finger, so there should be no issue with broken bones. According to my husband, however, my son's finger is now turning green. Thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. I dont think that this is some serious injury. Turning green is a sign of contusion and hematoma and it doesnt mean that it is broken. If he is able to move finger and do flexion and extension then this is just minor injury. If he is unable to do this,he should do xrays and visit surgeon. Even if it is broken in the proximal part, there is no some specific treatment beside resting. Also he should put some cold compresses and take analgetics. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon