What causes numbness in the fingers after hand injury?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have a hand contusion after a fall. Crazy indicate no broken bone. They have me wrapping icing and elevating. My fingers become painfully numb when I lie down
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Due to swelling.

Detailed Answer:
The numbness of the fingers is due to the swelling. As the swelling decreases the numbness will also decrease. Doing active finger movements will be helpful. If fracture has been ruled out after an X-ray then there is no need to worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal