What causes a tender spot under the left rib cage?
Probably caused by the hit
Hi and welcome.
It sounds to me like contusion of the abdominal wall and this is commonly seen.
Even if there is no visible hematoma, there still can be an injury to deeper tissues in abdominal wall such, muscles and nerves. Internal injuries happen after more intensive injuries, there would be associated nausea, vomiting or dizziness and in case of a spleen injury, symptoms would be dramatic.
So I'd suggest applying cold compresses, take nonsteroid painkillers(eg. Tylenol) and rest. It should improve within a few days only.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- Duodenitis causing pain under left rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes cramps in rib cage
- What is the cause of rib cage sensitivity
- What causes rib cage overlap
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- What is causing tenderness and discomfort under rib cage
- What causes soreness in rib cage
- What causes movement under rib cage