Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Who treats Chronic Fissure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hi.. My wife has been diagnosed with Chronic Fissue. I need to talk to a specialist and take a 2nd opinion before the treatment. Under which category (specialisation) should I ask the question ?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: consult a general surgeon Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I am sorry about your wife's current health status. You need to consult a General surgeon for the same. Initially, she can try Anovate cream locally in the anal region to get relief from pain. Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Who treats Chronic Fissure? 56 minutes later
Hi Dr. Shanthi, I am getting her treated at Stopiles clinic in Madhapur wherein the doctor has advised for Botox injections (chemical sphincterotomy) to loosen up and let the wound heal and provided Diltiact cream and broad probiotic spectrum capsules. Is this the right course of treatment and are the medicines correct , as the treatment cost is approx. rs 25000 for the botox Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer: she is on right medications Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Your wife is on the right medicines. Please continue and complete the treatment. The medications seems to be perfectly fine. Yes, botox treatment is usually a bit expensive but it is worth it. Wish your wife a quick recovery. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor