Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

White sores on tongue. Good treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I have whites sores at several places on my tongue some on the tip some on the sides. They hurt really bad. They have lasted for about three months so far. I say my doctor and he said it was a infection and gave me some atibiotics but it did not go away.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 7 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you use tobacco in any form? If yes, since how long?
2.) Do you have any other illness apart from this?
3.) Do you have difficulty swallowing or sore throat?

Your History suggest you either have Aphthous ulcers or Leukoplakia, which is a condition in which thickened, white patches form on your gums, sometimes, on your tongue. They have to be confirmed.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Dentist so that he/she may examine you and suggests few tests if required,

1.) Biopsy, where in your doctor will remove a tissue sample for analysis.
2.) Bloodwork (if necessary).

Once confirmed, you will be treated accordingly by removing the sores by LASER or freezing them, oral steroids or topical preparations.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you do.
2.) Avoid stress.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
4.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor