What type of a physician can diagnose the cause of the dizziness followed by a brief shiver?
Thoughts on this
I'm glad you saw the ENT doctor to rule out vestibular problems. So I will assume the dizziness is more of a light headed feeling rather than feeling like the room is spinning?
There are many things that can cause light headed type of dizziness so it may take some sleuthing.
If it just started 4 days ago, it may be your body fighting a viral illness.
If any of your medications were started or increased recently, it may be related to the medication. In particular, the Lisinopril can cause light headedness even with a normal blood pressure. But all of your meds, except for the Vitamin D, can have side effects that might be perceived like this.
I don't think it is an eye problem given that turning and rapid eye movement does not make it worse.
If you haven't seen your primary care doctor, I would start there. He/she can check your blood for anemia, iron deficiency, B12 deficiency (can start with a complete blood count - CBC), get a "differential" with the CBC to check for infection, check TSH and T4 for thyroid problems, and possibly do a chemistry/metabolic panel. I'd also revisit any medication changes that you might have had recently.
Depending on the results of your exam and labs, you might have a better idea of the next step, such as seeing an endocrinologist.
You mention a shiver feeling after the dizziness. That can be a cytokine release from an immune response. Or if you are feeling cold, some people experience hot flashes this way.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sudden brief dizzy spells
- What causes vertigo and dizziness
- What causes dizziness symptoms dizziness
- What causes fainting and dizziness
- Dizziness during typing cause
- Shivering and dizzy causes
- What causes nausea and dizziness
- What is the cause of dizziness with shivers
- What causes sudden fainting followed by dizziness
- What causes nausea diarrhea and dizziness diagnosed with concussion
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis