What treatment should be done for white blisters around eye?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I Have a daughter with small white blisters around her eye [right eye] and eye lid with red inflamation of the skin under the blisters and redness of the inner side of the right eye. she was given a saline solution to use on the eye by her doctor but found that this was painful when used on the eye. she has also used kloramfenikol but also found this painful to use.what are these white blisters and how can i cure them.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
I have seen the image attached. The small blisters on the inner side of the eyelid are likely to be due to an infection- most likely a bacterial infection. This needs topical antibiotics for treatment.
The first thing she can do, regardless of the cause is avoid touching, rubbing or staring at the swelling. Staring at the swollen eyelid will only lead to touching and rubbing, so stay out of the mirror and avoid the temptation.
Avoid wearing make-up, including powders and base. Particles can fly through the air and irritate the eyelids even more.
Try using a cold cloth or even cucumbers twice a day.
Over-the-counter antihistamines and/or eye drops can help too.
Physical check up is necessary to find out the cause. She needs to consult her ophthalmologist to get antibiotic and anti allergic eye drops prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.