Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What should be done if a person is suffering from heart attack before rushing to hospital?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
If i can guess that person in front of me is going through a heart attack unfortunately, how can i help him in terms of first aid, before rushing for hospital, please advise.
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Learn CPR give aspirin shift to hospital

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
First of all you should shout for help from persons around.
Then you should alert the ambulance in that area. Call the dedicated number for such a service for which you should be aware.
If the patient is stable you should ask him if he does not have a history of major bleeding or some surgery in previous 6weeks. If no such then he should receive a tablet Aspirin 350mg to be chewed as soon as possible.
If oxygen is avalable then it should be given by mask at six litre per minute.
Patient should be connected to an Automatic External defibrillator called AED if available like on airport, railways, busy malls where it is commonly installed.
If patient becomes unresponsive you should feel the pulse if none then you should start Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation immediately. If the patient is connected to aed then it will give command for CPR.
CPR is a life saving algorithm you can see the videos on AHA website or you may do a practice session organised for laymen.
CPR should be done till return of pulse.
Patient should be shifted to nearest Cathlab hospital where primary Percutaneous intervention is available to make tje blocked heart arteries patient again.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor