Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Can someone with a internal defibrillator have a stroke ?

Can someone with a internal defibrillator have a stroke ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  311
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
hello n welcome ...
definitely, if any one has a defibrillator he/she may have stroke. becoz work of defibrillator is different and STROKE is different.
good luck ...
Answered: Wed, 21 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
A stroke is from just about anything that will stop oxygen from going to the brain-- a blood clot or a bursted vessel in the brain. The internal defibrillator will stop the heart rhythm that causes sudden death, but it doesn't typically stop the heart rhythm that throws the blood clots to the brain. So, strokes can be from a bunch of stuff and those defibrillators are not really for preventing strokes, just sudden death from a heart beating like crazy.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor