Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What should be done for nodules in lungs?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1967
Answered : 2341 Questions
am 72 years old ,non smoker. I had a ct screening because I worked with asbestos brake linings when I was in my 40s. I got the results small nodule less than 5mm follow up ct in 6 months. My friend who had lung cancer said I Shouldn't wait 6 months, that I should get biopsy. I would like to see my dr now and ask questions about this than wait six months. What do you think?
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not wait till 6 months,disease may progress. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks and welcome to Healthcaremagic . The size of the nodule though 5 mm, it may progress if you wait for 6 months. It may be benign tumor or cancer but consult doctor soon. A biopsy under ultrasonography and histopathological examination will confirm the diagnosis . If the diagnosis is in doubt another biopsy may be taken at a latter date. Early diagnosis is most important for good prognosis. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask further queries . Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor