Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

What should be done for lumps behind the ears near the hair line?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
My husband has lumps behind the ears near the hair line should he get them checked?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs attention Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do think the clinical scenario you describe deserves some more keen attention. It is true that alcohol intake in great quantities could lead to lymph node enlargement. The most probable cause of the lumps as you describe would be an enlargement of lymph nodes around the ear region. It might be very important to know if he has had any recent infections around the ear , nose or throat regions. Any tumor around the ear, nose and throat sphere could also manifest itself with lymph node enlargement. Enlargement of glands like the salivary glands could also present as masses behind ears. It is very important to get consulted preferably by an ENT specialist. Clinical review, X rays and CT scans would be important to better ascertain the cause, rather than neglect a potentially serious condition. kind regards and wishing you the best of health. Please, consult an ENT specialist. DR Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor