What is the window period for HIV ELFA test?
I am writing this this mail in an suicide kind of situation..
I have a risky exposure with a lady (without condom) on 31st August 2015. Actually lady is known and i found she have connection with so many guys. Then i am very much worried about the exposure had with that lady.
In 14th December 2015 After 115 days from the date of risky exposure i checked the blood in HIV DUO (ELFA serum) and VRDL in one of the good laboratory in XXXXXXX And i got an negative result with below mentioned values.
HIV DUO (ELFA) Serum 0.04 Negative
In 3rd February 2016 (158 days from the date of exposure) again i checked the blood in same method (HIV DUO(ELFA serum) and HBsAg (ELFA) in same laboratory and i got negative result with below mentioned values
HIV DUO (ELFA) Serum 0.06 negative
HBsAg( ELFA ) Negative
1. My query is after all these test still is there a chance of hiv infection in the future.
2. Please let me know window period 3 months in ELFA test method is conclusive or not .As I see on net it shows hiv test post 3 months are conclusive but some other sites say 6months or even I have seen things like window period is 10 years.
3. In December HIV DUO value is 0.04 and in February becomes 0.06.Around .02 points increase I can able to observe. There is anything to worry in the Value change.
4. I called NACO helpline number they told me to test blood in ELISA method not in ELFA. Please let me know there is any need to check the blood in ELISA method.
5. Please let me know elfa test is conclusive or not.
6. There is any problem for marriage or not.
7. There any problem to lead a normal life in future
You are free from HIV beyond any doubt and can get married.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
There is nothing to go to the extent of thinking suicide in your case.
1. You had tested with 4th generation HIV tests. They are highly reliable. It is unlikely to become reactive for HIV after 150 days.
2.If there is no reactivity of the ELFA test after 90 days itself, it would be very much conclusive. If anybody is on immunosuppressive drugs like steroids or ART Drugs as PEP, then the window period may be delayed after 3 months and not in a noraml individual.
3. The difference in the value has no imprtance.
4. HIV ELFA is more sensitive that ELISA test. Help line people would not be aware of these latest developments.
5. ELFA test is 99% conclusive by 90 days. You had two tests after 90 days came negative. It amounts to be conclusive and confirmatory up to 100%.
6. You can get married without any hesitation. You will have a happy married and healthy life. Forget that incident.
Thank you for the valuable reply
Please let me know whether I can able to take this report as conclusive or I have to recheck elifa or XXXXXXX after 6 months.
There is any problem to marriage
In future because of the risky exposure any problem will come in the future?
No further testing for HIV need as far as the previous exposure is concerne
You need no further test for HIV. They are very much conclusive and confirmatory.
You can get married without any hesitation.
Now i can conclude that i am free from HIV.
Please let me know i am having tablets for allergy (Cetirizine) whether its cause delaying the window period or not?
I am still in confusion and cant able to accept that i am free from HIV.
I am worrying that after marriage come to know that i am HIV patient i am cheating the girl also.Are you sure that with out any worries i can conclude that i am free from HIV in that particular exposure
You are free from HIV infection beyond any doubt.
Tablet Cetrizine in no way affects the formation of antibody against HIV under any situation and there is no chance for the delaying of window period. So your test is final, 100% reliable and conclusive. You will not get a situation in future to repent after your marriage.
I am very much happy and i can conclude that i am free from HIV
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiv dna test window period
- What is the window period for hiv nat
- Negative hiv test what is window period
- What is the window period for hiv test
- Hiv rna test window period
- Hiv duo test window period
- What is the true window period for hiv test
- Hiv combo test window period
- 2012 hiv duo test window period
- Hiv tests shortest window period