What is the use of Protera?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: for what problem tab protera 40 mg is used
Dr has identified Parkinson problem
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acid lowering drug...

Detailed Answer:

Protera is a proton pump inhibitor containing pantoprazole. It is best used for gastritis/peptic ulcer and reflux esophagitis where we wish to lower acid content of stomach. It has no other user besides those mentioned above.

Hope I am clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 17 minutes later
Dr Iam a 69 yrs old male . Dr identified me suffering from Parkinson ,since I have left hand tremour beside slow walking , fallowed with dry caughing / irritation on throat .

How ever I am taking tab. trivastal L A and tab. Rasalact 05mg once a day
Request PL advice.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue treatment under neurologist...

Detailed Answer:
Both these drugs are good antiparkinsonism agents. However parkinson's has reputation to be a progressive condition. It needs to be constantly monitored and followed up with neurologist for adequate treatment changes. Continue to follow up this treatment with neurologist.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX
Thank you very much for piece of precioous reply .
In case you are in ndia I can cosult you DrPrasad
Is there are any difference between.
Tab.protera40,mg
And
Cap.protera L
XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there is a difference.

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply. I was away from internet due to unavoidable circumstances.

Anyway, the two drugs that you specified have a difference. Cap Protera L has an additional antiemetic (antivomiting) agent - levosulpiride apart from pantoprazole which is common to both. This antiemetic agent provide additional benefits especially when used for treating acid reflux.

I am practice in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX which is very far away from Vodadara. Hence I will suggest you look for a neurologist close by and follow up regularly. Perhaps if I travel toward XXXXXXX which I would love to one day we can meet and discuss on it.

Wish you good luck Captain!!