What is the treatment for uterus prolapse?

Dr. Bhagyashree.B

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: What is the treatment for dislocated uterus? is surgery the only option? what is the method of surgery done?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please give further details

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
Please provide further details as to the symptoms experienced.
When you mean dislocated uterus whether the uterus comes down through the vaginal area?
Are there any other symptoms like difficulty in passing urine and constipation?
Have any test been done?
PPlease get back with the above details.
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
We have experienced discomfort and it was visible while urinating. While checking with a doctor we were advised to take sling surgery.

Please advise about this surgery and diet to b followed. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
prolapse uterus

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
The problem you are facing is called prolapse uterus.
The structures which support the uterus if weakened then will cause prolapse.
In some patients it occurs after child birth.
Occasionally it can occur in women before childbirth.
You will require surgery if the majority of the uterus has descended. If it's a small lump only and dosent bother you much then you can wait for some time.
Mean while discuss with your doctor "kegel"exercises that will help in decreasing this prolapse.
If still persists then you can go ahead with surgery.
There is no diet or any other precaution to prevent this prolapse.
Also constipation worsens the disease. So if you have constipation then please get it treated.
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree

Thank you doctor
This patient is unmarried. So do we foresee any issues in marriage life and how difficult would be pregnancy and child birth

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
The patient has a uncommon type of prolapse called nulliparous prolapse seen in unmarried women before childbirth.
Pregnancy and childbirth is not a issue but a large mass coming out of the vagina area may be uncomfortable for a unmarried girl.
It may also effect intercourse depending in the size of the mass.
Sling surgery gives good results.
Hope this was useful
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree