Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for swollen feet and redness in toes while suffering form type2 diabetes and MRSA?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have type II diabetes (for 30 years) and am prone to infections. I also have MRSA, which seems to be "underground" at present. But for the past 3 days I have had swollen feet & ankles. My toes are red then redness across width of foot and narrow bands of red on heels.. Will be getting new meter tomorrow so cannot test sugar at present. Does this sound as though it is the endocrinologist's problem or my infection specialist's problem. Primary care doc doesn't know. Do you?
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. I have read your query and feel that you must consult your endocrinologist as early as possible. Although you are a patient of chronic venous insufficiency but a recent onset of swelling in both lower feet and ankles could be because of... Peripheral artery disease Kidney problem Uncontrolled hypertension. Redness in toes and heels suggest local cellulitis which needs prompt treatment with antibiotics. There could be additional element of diabetic neuropathy also. All these manifestations are due to uncontrolled diabetes of longterm standing. You need to be managed properly and promptly. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor