Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for severe stomach ache with diarrhea?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 431 Questions
My 6 year old daughter woke up around 5am this morning crying aggressively complaining of a severe tummy ache. She is having diarrhea and feels miserable. My wife has been throwing up with diarrhea over the past three days and she think she might have stomach flu that she now passed on to my daughter. My daughters name is XXXX. She is not a child that ever complains so this is really worrying mt. Do I get some anti diarrhea medicine or take her to the ER.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 18 hours later
Brief Answer: GIT Infection Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Your daughter may get well with Oral re hydration solution which is electrolyte and salt powder available on the counter. It should be administered to her in sips frequently so that she does not get dehydrated. Most of the times this diarrhea settles on its own. If it does not settle within a day and the frequency of loose motions is increasing you should consider to take her to ER. If ER is not imminently possible you should give her over the counter available medicine in the form of pectin and kaolin combination. It looks like simple infection, but I am sure Kensington should be fine soon. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor