Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for fungal infection of the groin region?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
Hello Doctor, There is a severe redness and itching around the outer skin of my testicles. I have used soframycin skin cream for a week but no result. Please suggest a good skin cream that gives quick relief.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection of groin Detailed Answer: Hi See the site and the problem you have mentioned seems to be that of a fungal infection of the groin region. You should not use soframycin over the affected area. Use an antifungal cream like canestan or candid cream over the affected area twice a day. Take oral fluconazole 150 mg tablet once a week. For the itching, you can take some antihistamines like levocetrizine tablet once a day. Do not apply oil or any other cream over the affected area. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the treatment for fungal infection of the groin region? 21 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. Yes it is a fungal infection but on scrotum only. May i use the same medicines suggested by you?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: fungal infection Detailed Answer: Yes You may start the treatment as suggested and continue it atleast for two weeks. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor