Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

What is the sudden dent in forehead?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I have a sudden dent that appeared in my forehead in the last week. It is over an inch long and nearly a centimeter deep.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing worrisome... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Before running into conclusions, I'd gently ask to upload a picture of the dent in your forehead. That could help me assist you further. Next, you are saying to be taking aldactone for hair loss purposes. Please bare in mind that aldactone is an diuretic (spironolactone) which also removes the excess water from the body. If your body has a normal balance of water, removing it from the body will lead to dehydration (water loss from body tissue). The scalp is composed of : s-skin; c- connective tissue; a-aponeurosis; l-loose connective tissue; p-peritoneum of the skull The connective tissue is composed of water and blood (serves as a sponge). If body is getting dehydrated (in your case, from the aldactone use), then, this "sponge" will get "shrink" and you less water is inside it appearing as a dent. Unless, you have had any scalp malformations (as such dent could be related to the sutures of the skull bones) appearing as dent. At the end, finding a dent in your forehead is normal and not indicative for any disease although the cosmetic effect. Looking forward to have your photos in! Thank you! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor