Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

What is the solution for disturbed sleep and confusion feeling?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5558 Questions
Hi, Am facing problem of distrubed sleep esp during early morning hours I am get a disturbed & confused feeling in early morning Please suggest a solution to my problem
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Ji, Thank you for posting your query. The good medications to improve your sleep include zolpidem and melatonin. The medicine with this combination is zolsoma. If you were my patient, I would start a dose of 5 mg at night. After two weeks, if the response is not good, I increase the dose to 10 mg once daily at night. In addition, please keep your mind relaxed, do yoga and meditation, regular exercises and avoid stress/tension. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the solution for disturbed sleep and confusion feeling? 47 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for the advice However i would like to inform that i am getting sound sleep, however i wake up very confused / disturbed early morning, am facing this problem since last few days. Please let me know the reason and a suitable advice, other than any tranquilizers
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back and clarifying the issue. You need to exclude any seizures or sleep disorder. This can be sorted out by doing sleep study (polysomnography) along with sleep electroencephalography (EEG). These studies can be done under the guidance of a neurologist. I hope it helps. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor