What is the recommended average water intake for a healthy adult?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Sometimes physicians will advise patients to have their water intakes ideally be half their body weight in ounces. When undergoing intense treatments for serious conditions when the body has to detoxify a greater toxin load, I've heard physicians advise patients to have their water intake be equal to their full body weight in ounces, and even up to one gallon of water a day, since as the saying goes "the solution for pollution is dilution." Is there a way to calculate what the maximum upper threshold per day for water would be for a patient doing treatments which increase the present amount of mobilized toxins in the body? I drink mineralized water, but still want to avoid creating problems from over-diluting or flushing electrolytes.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
3 litres a day. US gallon is 3.78. acceptible.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Average intake in a healthy adult man should be 13 cups roughly 3 litres and a liquid gallon in US is 3.78 litres so yes you can take even a gallon of water in a day slight above average, It for sure helps nd dilutes and flushes the toxins. However don't rely on it only. Talk to a detox specialist and let them help you with a complete management plan . If there is no such toxin in specific, then a gallon of water is all you need.

8 glasses of water is easy to remember but that is not adequate as that becomes only 1.9 litre roughly. You need more than that for males. For female yes intake average is 2.2 litre roughly 9 cups.

apart from it healthy diet and lifestyle, good bowel and toilet habits and regular exercise and preferring natural foods will make sure you stay detoxified.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan