Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the reason for stretchy feeling between the rib cage ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
Stretchy feeling between the rib cage. Strecthing of inside muscles(Chest area-mid of the rib cage-while opening and closing jaw[rare though] like a rubber band during breathing. Sensation of breathing problem during this condition. No fever-cough-pain etc to any part of the body. Able to sleep properly but when i wake up; the whole upper body feels heavy sometimes and strecthy feelings inside the upper body till jaw comes back. Do not know what is it?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

After reading your history it is clear that you have generalized body ache with stretching pain. and all the recommended investigations are with in normal limits, indicates two possibilities

1- Connective tissue disorder.

2- Psychiatric cause.

Now let me discuss with you about these 2 conditions, in the first case the patient has complaints of generalized itching pain with hyperflexibility of joints( you dont have history of this), it is generally a auto immune disease, which manifests late in life or sometimes triggered by certain insults like trauma, drug. etc.

Yes, in your case, the cause may be anxiety related symptoms, which is very common these days.

Your treatment will be on the following lines--

1- Consult a physician, or a ortho surgeon, your doctor will prescribe you some steroids.You will have to take this regularly for 3 weeks.


3- An antacid.

4- Vitamin and mineral supplementation especially calcium.

5- Daily aerobic exercises.

Try this for next 3 weeks, and I believe that you will be all rite.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for future follow ups , if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor