What is the reason for elevation of thyroglobulin antibodies?
Noted your concern.
Post surgery, most papillary ca need radio active iodine treatment. Later doctors monitor the disease by thyroglobulin and thyroglobulin antibody levels.
Thyroglobulin is a protein in follicular cells of thyroid. This molecule is normally protected away from exposure to our body's immune system.
When thyroglobulin is exposed to the immune system of body ( after the surgery, viral infections, radio idoine treatment etc) , antibodies are produced against it. When there is significant thyroglobulin antibody, it interferes with measurement of Thyroglobulin levels . Hence in the presence of significant thyroglobulin antibody, thyroglobulin measurement is not reliable. In this situation, We do have to do other tests like ultrasound of neck and radio idoine whole body scan to mointor. In majority of patients, this antibody will usually disappear over a period of time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of elevated thyroglobulin antibodies
- Normal thyroglobulin antibody levels
- What is thyroglobulin antibody
- Thyroglobulin antibody reference range
- Thyroglobulin antibodies normal range
- Thyroglobulin antibody test results
- High level thyroglobulin antibodies
- Very high thyroglobulin antibodies
- Anti thyroglobulin antibody 20
- Elevated thyroglobulin antibodies normal tsh
- How do steroids affect puberty?
- Suggest diet plan for muscle building
- What causes early morning shaking spells?
- What does this thyroid test result regarding sheehan's syndrome indicate?
- Can Oxy Elite-pro usage cause abnormal thyroid test results?
- What causes low TSH levels?
- What are the side effects of Cortisone?
- How to increase levels of aldosterone naturally?
- Could hashimoto's disease display a normal TSH level?
- What causes swelling in body with bow leg and bow elbow?