What is the prognosis for a Crohn's patient suffering from sclerosing cholangitis?
Hi and welcome to HCM.
If there wont be short-term or long term complications related to liver transplantat then his prognosis is good and Crohns disease for itself shouldnt significantly reduce his lifetime. It may affect quality of life since he may need aggressive and long antiinflammatory therapy or additional surgical procedures to manage Crohns disease complications but all in all, regulated crohns disease and normal function of liver alograft will ensure good prognosis for such patients. WIsh you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis diet
- Homeopathy for primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis ibuprofen
- What is primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis psc prognosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis and glyburide
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis shivering what to do
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis dust
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis calculator
- Dwp primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?