What is the normal heart rate for a child?

Dr. Meera Kotecha

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: What is the normal heart rate for a 9 year old
Answered by Dr. Meera Kotecha 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
between 70 to 110 per minute

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using health care magic.
The normal heart rate for a 9 year old child is in the range of 70 to 110 beats per minute.
I hope I have helped you.
If you have any other query please feel free ask.
Thank you
Dr. Meera Kotecha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

Recent questions on Heart rate

Hello, I have a resting heart rate of 112- when I excercise it literally only takes my heart rate to speed of to 160 or higher in minutes. I have been eating lots of green lately, and have been trying to work out- but get light headed very easy. I am a 29 year old female.

My brother is having a heart cath tomorrow. Apparently he has had a heart attack sometime in the last ten years.

His heart rate has become uncontrollable with meds and sontinues to beat at 131. He said the doctor told him some rate (he couldn't remember) was at 25 and should be higher. Can you perhaps clarify what this may mean?

I have been prescribed isoptin 240 ml per day as my blood pressure has been up to 165 over 93. Also I have been getting palpitation which at times last up to a couple of hours. Had a heart monitor put on . showed my heart rate going up to 114. resting at about 66. Which I know is good. the results of the monitor showed over 2000 ectopic episodes. Is this anything to worry about.

My rest heart rate is typically around 100 and my blood pressure is typically very good. I am now taking Bisoprol 5mg for atrial tachycardia. My last read had my rest heart rate at 94 but my blood pressure has dropped to 101/57. Should I be concerned?

My husband had precancerous spot s removed 2 days ago since then he is experiencing chills and low blood pressure along with sweats visited Dr the emergency room that day but was cleared to go home Right now he is chilled again and very nervous

I have been told I have sinus bradycardia and am having symptoms of light headedness, fatigue , confusion, heart palpitations, pulse between 40 and 50 for 5 days. Should I go see my doctor or jusr see if it passes. Why would it get worse as I have...

Hello doctor, I had few conversation with you during last two months.I am in the UK and currently at 35 weeks pregnant. History: two miscarriages, one ectopic and this successful pregnancy is with IVF. I had asked you about B12 deficiency, BPD/AC...