What is the lethal dosage of Lyrica?
Im prescribed Lyrica 600mg a day on repeat prescription and most of the time my tablets come in 150mg form
Lately they have been giving them to me in 50mg
I recieved my prescription and took what i thought was 300mg this morning at 9am
I have just took two more at 7:30pm before realising they were back to 150mg tablets so i have consumed 900mg
600mg at 9am this morning and 300mg at 7:30 this evening
I have read that 900mg is a safe dosage but ive also read its an overdose
I just wanted to know an opinion from a doctor
Hello, and thanks for your question to HCM.
You describe accidentally taking 900mg total of Lyrica today. I have good news for you -- this is perfectly safe if you're having good renal function.
You may feel a bit more sedated or tired from this, but there are no serious side effects from taking this total dosage. This medication is routinely prescribed at actually much higher doses total, so you are safe.
Try to maintain good hydration by drinking a lot of water and avoid any driving or strenuous activities , keep yourself under careful observation.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
I was just a bit worried as i have done my safe handling of medicines at work and i was sure pregabalin lyrica daily allowance was 600mg
Thank you for the continuity of care advice i was not aware of that on here i will be sure to return to you when needed
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lyrica and alcohol
- Lethal dose of lyrica
- Lyrica and pregnancy
- What are the side effects of lyrica?
- Lyrica and vasotec
- What is an alternative to lyrica for nerve pain
- Lyrica for fibromyalgia
- Lyrica dosage for anxiety
- What is the suggested dosage of lyrica for nerve pain
- What are the side effects of lyrica and warfarin
- What other medication can show a false positive for Oxazepam and Temazepam?
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Which genetic test predicts how effective psychiatric medication are at...
- What causes erectile dysfunction after kegel exercises?
- Suggest ways to wean off Abilify
- What do these PFT test results indicate?
- Suggest treatment for visual hallucinations
- Suggest treatment for borderline personality disorder
- How to rule out bipolar disorder?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone