What is the correct dosage of multi-vitamin tablets?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How to take vitamins? like multi vitamin, b, folic acid, fish oil, magnesium how with food? or all together? or some at night?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
use with or without food has no effect on how well it works

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

If you are using more than one vitamin, you need to make sure that you are not using excess, make sure that the individual vitamins do not contain the same ingredients.

Most multivitamins would also contain folic acid, vitamin b and magnesium, this should be checked if you are using these separately.
May not contain the fish oil but you should still check this.

It does not matter if you use your vitamin with or without food. There are some persons that experience nausea when they use multivitamins on an empty stomach but in others it has no effect

The time taken or whether taken with or without food has no effect on how it work in your body.

Feel free to ask anything else