What is the cause of cervical erosion?

Question
I reached puberty at the age 11..and I had my first intercourse at 19yrs..now I am 25 yrs n married for 3 years..my first intercourse was very painful..and from that day onwards I was suffering from frequent uti and painful intercourse..recently I found some brown spottin jus two days before my periods..my doc said I hav cervical erosion n I need to go for cryotherapy..my pap smear report was also came out to be "negative for intraepithelial lesion and malignacy".I was wondering what cause me cervical erosion and what are the precautions I should take after cryotherapy and how frequent I should go for another pap smear? I nvr had children...and I am 56kg..and 25years old..
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to us.

Detailed Answer:
Your symptoms are suggestive of that you are suffering from cervical erosion and cryotherapy is the best treatment for it.
In my opinion in your case cervical erosion occurs due to frequent infection.
It can be due to hormonal changes also that occurs at your age.
After cryotherapy recovery is very fast but you should follow these precautions-
1) Abstaining from sexual intercourse and tampoon use for at least 2-3 weeks after procedure.
2) Avoid douching.
3) Avoid strenuous exercise and physical activity.
4) Pap smear testing is difficult after cryotherapy.
After cryotherapy watery discharge is very common, so please do not worry about it.
You should go for repeat Pap smear test after 3 yrs.
Cervical erosion sometimes cause infertility also.
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa

Follow-up: What is the cause of cervical erosion? 1 hour later
I already had my cryotherapy 6 days before..but I stop discharging from the 4th day only..morever I am talkin lots of fluid..and my urine is givin foul smell..I heard that discharging after cryotherapy is good..but why I stop discharging?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi, Nice to see you.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
In my opinion you should consult your treating doctor because foul smell is a sign of infection and it needs urgent attention and treatment.
Watery discharge may be less after cryotherapy if you had a good sleep and eat healthy.
You should first consult your doctor and take treatment for infection that is very important.
I think this information is useful to you, if you need further explanation I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa