What is the cause and treatment for helicobacter pylori infection?
helicobacter pylori is a bacteria that lives in the stomach and can cause inflammation of the stomach, and also ulcers in the stomach and duodenum. In some people it may even cause cancer.
Treatment is with 2 antibiotics together with the "ppi" (such as the nexium you are taking).
Usually one antibiotic (amoxicillin) is not enough to kill the bacteria.
There are many antibiotic regimens, and the most popular ones are the combination of two antibiotics (such as amoxicillin, clarithromycin, metronidazole, levofloxacin, tetracycline, etc). Ask you doctor for the best combination based on bacteria resistance in the area where you live.
If you get rid of the bacteria and still not feel well, then something else is likely the cause of your symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for helicobacter pylori infection
- Helicobacter pylori infection causes
- Is kaopectate used in the treatment of helicobacter pylori infection?
- Helicobacter pylori infection animation
- What is helicobacter pylori infection
- Symptoms of helicobacter pylori infection
- Diagnosis of helicobacter pylori infection
- Helicobacter pylori infection sphenoid
- What causes helicobacter pylori infection
- Treatment of helicobacter pylori infection