What is the cause and treatment for headache and tender bump on temple?

Question

I have an absolute horrible headache for three days now. Regular doses of Tylenol do not help in the slightest. There is a very tender bump slightly above and back of my left temple. Should I be concerned? Or get it checked out?
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get it checked out

Detailed Answer:

If regular Tylenol does not bring in relief it is better to get this examined by doctor. I suggest to stop using Tylenol as it can give in rebound headache.

You seem to be describing about cyst? Lymph nodes are not found here on the temple.

It is better examined by doctor than leaving it alone.