What is the best and fastest way to detox the body?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What is the best, easiest, and fastest way to detox the body? Is it true that you can detox in 3 days if just eating fruits and vegetables? I'm mostly concerned about detox for digestive purpose like a colon cleanser.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
If your body is working ok,no need for detox...

Detailed Answer:

Everything comes to a balance in our body. When toxic chemicals or other toxins are inside our body, they are cleaned off as our body has its own mechanisms to get them cleansed.

Eating healthy and conducting a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen will improve blood circulation in body organs, thus, it will make it easier to clean off the toxins.

You want to add an external factor (detox supplement) to help your body cleanse. As long as you are healthy, there is no need for an external factor.

Detox is recommended only when your body's mechanisms cease to function properly and cannot carry their duty to clean off the toxins inside.

All the best!
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Lets just say my body has trouble detoxing naturally by the foods i lack eating. Ive never cleased my colon in 38 years and would like to due to bloating, gas, some digestive issues, at times constipations, fatigue. I really believe doing a colon cleanser is a good start. What do u recommend to do for a natural colon cleanser? Is 3 days of just fruits and vegetables a way to cleanse the colon? Is there something faster and easier? Any pills that are safe and natural? Are probiotics pills once a day as good and which one is best? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended fastest&easiest solutions....

Detailed Answer:
Hi back my dear,

If you are having problems like bloating, gas, digestive issue, sometimes constipation, the very first thing to do is to understand why you are having them?:
- any current disease of the GI tract?
- bad diet?
- any external factor: medication or other?

So, if I was your caring doctor would investigate first before deciding for detox. Once the right culprit is found, should be treated/corrected accordingly.

If you are having constipation, it is the cause to bloating and gas, therefore, I suggest to:
- eat more fiber rich foods : fruits, vegetables, that will increase fecal mass, and will naturally stimulate your bowel movements (natural laxative effect too).

- fiber supplements will help especially those containing Psyllium

- increase water intake: thus, it will be easier for the fecal mass to move along the bowel and to relieve constipation. Water will help your bowel and whole body detox. The more water you take, the more hydrated you'll be; the more blood will be circulating your body organs, thus, metabolic toxins and others will be flushed away. That's a perfect and natural detoxification.

- physical activity: the more you keep moving, more blood is circulating in your body organs; thus, making it easier to sweat and increase bowel movements and keeps you well-detoxed.

- probiotics are also an excellent choice to help with digestive problems you are having. In fact, digestive problems derive from the imbalance of normal microbic flora of the intestines. If that balance is broken, problems will come out. The above mentioned steps together with probiotics can help resolve such problems and bring the broken balance back to normal.

Improvement will take time to be set: within 3 months you will see good results. That's why you need to be patient and determinative.

Fast choices are not resolving any problem. They will help you for the first days, but, they cannot give a lifetime help. Furthermore, faster and easiest solutions can cause more harm than benefits.

There are various choices on drug-stores for colon cleanse. I repeat again, you do not need them. If the changes you make and drugs you take to improve bowel symptoms will not give results, then, can go for colon cleanse.

I also suggest to run further lab tests to examine your feces for ova/parasites, abdominal ultrasound and colonoscopy to exclude organic problems.

Hope it answered to your questions and help you decide for the best and natural solution!

Keep healthy!
Dr.Albana