What is mild right renal pelvic calyceal system dilatation?

Dr. Jyothi B L

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: what is mild right renal pelvic calyceal system dilatation and is it a serious problem
Answered by Dr. Jyothi B L 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal physiological finding & not a problem

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr. Jyothi BL and I will be answering your query.

Mild renal pelvi calyceal system dilation is normal physiological finding.
Most of the times, it is due to over distended bladder and on micturation it becomes normal.
As i expect no obstruction findings as you not mentioned, this change is completely normal.
After the kidney, renal pelvis calyceal system is the place of collection of urine. From there to ureter, bladder, urethra and micturation.

So, your mild right pelvi calyceal system dilatation is completely normal finding and would not cause any serious problem.

Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Jyothi BL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju