What is genetically modified organism?

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: What is GMO? Can i eat fruits?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Genetically modified organism.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HCM to post your question.

GMO is a genetically modified organism, so an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. For example some corn plants, or soya products, some fish or animals also can be modified.

Yes, you can eat fruits if you are healthy and don't have conditions that contraindicate using a particular fruit, or have any allergy from them.

I hope I answered your question. Please let me know if you need more clarifications. Otherwise please close and rate the answer.

Regards and take care,
Dr. Papaqako.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 5 hours later
Thanks, I have been very careful as to what I eat during this period, any food suggestions would be great. And if you can recommend do's and don'ts during this time. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Some advises for a healthy life.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Sorry for the late reply.

Eating healthy is very important. What I recommend to my patients is:
-- Eat fruits and vegetables...never is enough.
-- Substitute high caloric fatty foods with fruits and vegetable. They give the filling effect, are healthy and have low calories.
-- Listen to your body- If something makes you feel not well, then its not for you.
-- Eat things you like eating, but pick the one with less calories.
-- Drink plenty of fluids, very important.
-- Exercise daily or at least >4 times/week for >20 min.
-- Avoid alcohol, smoking or taking drugs.

Do this regularly and your life will be very qualitative.

Hope this helps,
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad