Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have corn thumb, wearing corn cap, some part remaining, new developing in foot, walking difficult. Surgery?

i am 27 years old. I have one corn in left leg thumb. I am wearing corn cap for 5 months. It is going fine but some part of corn is still inside. Now one new corn is developing in my foot in a newer place. I am feeling very difficult to walk. I am wearing a corn cap there too. Is surgery a good option? What should i do? Suggest me.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi thanks for writing here.There are 3 common types of growths on the sole of foot,a corn,wart and callosity.Out of these wart is due to viral infection and other two are due to pressure on the foot.A corn and wart is painful,but callosity is not.So it is possible that you may have corn or a plantar wart,you have to confirm this ,so it will be better you consult a dermatologist.A corn can be removed by surgically produce good results,while a wart has to be charred either by cautery or liquid nitrogen,so better consult a dermatologist .Recurrence is common in both cases. Wear loose shoes,take analgesics,Soak foot in warm water at night,which will give you somewhat relief,also there is good results of homeopathic medicines in such cases,but take prolonged time ,so my advise will be take surgical treatment first and then go for homeopathy to prevent recurrence.Take care.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor