Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What is a hard knot right in the center of my rib cage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
Hi Doc-- I have a hard knot right in the center of my rib-cage. this knot is up close to my heck. sometimes I feel a tightness when I breath but over-all I have not felt pain. i noticed this knot about seven months ago. I do recalled falling five years ago from a ten-foot plank at work as I tried to jump down. I am 50-years old now what do you think this knot could . it does not hurt though. --Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further tests are advised.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Although the hard knot is not giving you medical symptoms; however, further tests are needed to determine its origin; - physical examination of the knot, breast and armpit by your doctor - ultrasound of soft tissue (knot) - Chest X-ray Usually, such knots are related to lipoma; however, other diagnosis should be excluded too. At your age, it is recommended to get the breasts and armpit physically checked to catch breast problems in time. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor