What is Zolpidem prescribed for?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hi dr i am 54 years old male with blood pressure and cholesterol now i am taking

zolpidem 5mg one a day was told to keep my heart beat down and make my drowsy immdietly what is this pill acctually , good for thank you
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your query...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Zolpidem is a sedative / hypnotic medication and is of help in controlling anxiety and stress related arrhythmia and hypertension.

Since this is a medication that may have unwanted effects you should discuss with your doctor about this preparation.

Hope this will be of interest!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu