question-icon

What happens if follicle does not get ruptured?

Posted on Fri, 6 May 2016
Question: Hi Sir,I had rupture injection HCG 10000UI on my 14th day and my follicle size was 21mm,and after 2 days on my 16th day my follicle did not get ruptured..is there any problem if follicle did not get ruptured?

please reply..
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No rupture means no chance of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
If there is no follicular rupture, then the egg is not released and there are no chances of pregnancy in that cycle. Generally, the follicle ruptures at around36 hours after hCG injection.
I will suggest you to consult your treating doctor for adjusting the treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine