What does this ultrasound report indicate?
there are parts that do not appear alike or similar
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Echotexture refers to the structure of the organ that is being studied by ultrasound (how the ultrasound technician sees the liver, in this case, on ultrasoun).
Heterogenous means that the structure of the liver is not uniform, all of the different areas of the liver appear the same or similar. There are differences seen.
According to the report, the changes may be due to fatty liver (build up of fat in the liver) though it also states that there may be other causes as well.
The statin was to help decrease the fat build up but diet changes and exercise can also help as well.
Muscle pain due to statins normally resolve within 1 to 3 weeks of discontinuation of the medication.
If it persists for longer, it is possible it is not related to the statins
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- What is efw in pregnancy ultrasound report?
- What are the findings from the ultrasound report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound report mean
- Whole abdomen ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What does my ultrasound indicate
- What does the ultrasound report suggest
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...