What does this rabies antibody test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 5 Sep 2017 in Infections
Question:
Previous year when i got a 3rd degree dog bite. My rabies antibodies after immunization was 120 IU/ml. Presently outside my office premises a male dog had sneezed before me. Also truly speaking I developed a little phobia with dogs , and it has also became a lil psychological.
Note : Previously i took 0.1 mm rabipur from pasteur institute , XXXXXXX + Immunoglobulin for my 3rd degree bite. Post 6 months I took 1 more rabipur of 1mm outside a local shop out of phobia. The last dose which i took from local shop for 1mm rabipur i took it wrongly out of my ignorance .....as i asked the person who was giving me injection to push it in both my left and right arm half each.

Presently I did my rabies antibodies test done again.

I have got my report . It is >4.0 EU/ml. Please note the report is in EU and not IU.
I am not much aware of this unit.
I am also attaching my report here.
Kindly let me know whether I need any more rabipur or not?.
Truly speaking personally I don't want to take.
Then also kindly give me your valuable suggestions.
In case the report is not opening please use the password ---> 0000
(password is my cell phone number , hence only 10 digits)
In case the report don't opens intimate me.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You DO NOT need a dose of Rabipur

Detailed Answer:

I checked the report. It clearly mentions that you have greater than required antibodies against Rabies virus. The cut off value is 0.5 EU/ml and you have more than 4 which means you have adequate level.
EU means European units and IU means international units. That is the nomenclature and ref range used by various labs on the basis of the technology they use. You should not bother about units.
So you have adequate levels and you DO NOT need a dose of RABIPUR.
I suggest a counseling or anti fear therapy against dogs with a professional psychotherapist since you have fear for it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam