What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
Total Cholesterol - 192 mg%; HDL Cholesterol - Direct - 35 mg%; LDL Cholesterol - Direct - 119 mg%; Triglycerides - 293 mg%; TC/ HDL Cholesterol Ratio - 5.5; LDL / HDL Ratio - 3.4; VLDL Cholesterol - 58.56 mg%.
Realizing high cholesterol levels, I approached a heart specialist who advised me Rozavel F - 10 mg after dinner every day for 3 months. Once I start using, can I discontinue after 3 months? I read online that this drug once started can’t be stopped because once stopped the deposition of cholesterol in the arteries becomes faster.
Also, I was advised Metaspan for Vitamin B12 deficiency (one, every morning) and TAYO 60-K for Vitamin D deficiency (one, every week).
Any known adverse side effects using all the above for 3 months continually? Also, does it have any affects with Bilirubin ...
Here is my Bilirubin profile ...
Bilirubin - TOTAL - 0.88 mg/dl
Bilirubin (DIRECT) - 0.27 mg/dl
BILIRUBIN (INDIRECT) Calculated - 0.61
side effects are unlikely
Thank you for asking Health care magic forum.
I have gone through your query.
Regarding your question whether Rozavel f ,Vit b12 and Vit D taken for 3 months will have any side effect- As you have taken on therapeutic level you are not likely to get any side effects.
Statins like rosuvastatin (content of Rosavel-f) caused myopathy and myalgia in some patients and very rarely bile stasis. But if you dont have those symptoms then dont worry. Your bilirubin levels are normal. Statins have more benefit that the side effects which are spoken. So the benefits outweighs the risks.
If your lipid levels can be normalized by your diet and exercise then you can stop the medication. But if it remains high after that then it is recommended to continue life long.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything unclear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the right age to do a cholesterol test
- What to eat before a cholesterol test
- What happens if you eat before cholesterol testing
- How to beat a cholesterol test
- Hydration and cholesterol test
- What 354 in cholesterol test mean
- Cholesterol test results
- How long will the results of cholesterol test take
- Does a cholesterol test hurt
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?