What does this bone density test result indicate?
I apolgize. The density number was 0.439
The number is very low, consult your orthopedic surgeon.
Hello Ms XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting your health query, I understand your concern.
T-score compares the bone density measured in you, with that of a healthy, 30 year old adult, and negative numbers indicate lower bone density, and since these numbers are expressed as standard deviations, any value less than -1 is considered quite significant and any value less than -2 is considered sever osteoporosis.
Since your value is -3.7 You are at a great risk for sustaining fractures with very minimal trauma or stress.
Z-score is similar, but compares your bone density with that of people of your own age and gender. Any negative number in Z-score is significant.
I hope this answers your concern, please feel free to write back to me if you have additional questions.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bone density results interpretation
- Bones density test in indiranagar
- Bone density test available in panchkula
- Bone density test panchkula
- Bone density test menstural
- Frequency of bone density test
- Interpreting bone density test results
- What should bone density be
- Bone density test hinduja
- Understanding bone density test results