What does this blood report indicate?

Excellent

Question
I had a fasting comprehensive metabolic panel blood test done. Some of the results were too low or too high. My protein and albumin were low and my chloride and sodium were high. My glucose, urea nitrogen and creatinine were normal. Here are the results:
Total Protein     5.8 G/DL      (6.0 - 8.5 G/DL) LOW
Albumin     3.3 G/DL      (3.5 - 5.5 G/DL) LOW
Chloride     110 MMOL/L     (96 - 108 MMOL/L) HIGH
Sodium     147 MMOL/L     (135 - 145 MMOL/L) HIGH
Glucose     94 MG/DL     (70 - 99 MG/DL)
Urea Nitrogen     16 MG/DL     (5 - 25 MG/DL)
Creatinine     0.8 MG/DL     (0.6 - 1.1 MG/DL)

I looked them up on the internet and found they might be caused by kidney or liver disease. Should I be concerned about any of these test results?
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get these tests repeated in 1months!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed these results fully. These are borderline abnormalities which in most cases are suggestive of incidental findings than actual ongoing disease processes. There is no single disease condition that explains these abnormalities and an aberration in the testing process is the most likely culprit.

Given the above, I recommend that you get a control test done in a month. Feel free to communicate findings to me for review and more guidance.

Follow-up: What does this blood report indicate? 2 hours later
Dr. Ditah,

Thank you for your answers. I feel relieved to know that these are borderline abnormalities that are incidental findings, and not part of an ongoing disease process. My chloride and sodium are usually normal. However, both my albumin and total protein have been low consistently for six months, so it is not an aberration in testing. Before July, my albumin and total protein were always normal. Since that time, I have increased the amount of protein in my diet to raise my albumin and total protein levels, but it had no effect. Is this any cause for concern?

Albumin
7/21/17 3.4
7/22/17 3.4
11/5/17 3.4
11/26/17 3.5

Total Protein
7/21/17 5.6
7/22/17 5.9
11/5/17 6.0
11/26/17 5.8

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to bother about!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up details.

Numbers can get us into panic mood. This often happens when we tend to focus more on numbers than the client. reviewing your details, I am not the least worried about these numbers. Sit back and report any abnormal symptoms that may arise to me for review and insights.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: What does this blood report indicate? 6 minutes later
OK, thanks. I will stop worrying about it.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Great way to go!

Detailed Answer:

Stay calm and keep me updated!. You are fine!