What does this blood report indicate?
Total Protein 5.8 G/DL (6.0 - 8.5 G/DL) LOW
Albumin 3.3 G/DL (3.5 - 5.5 G/DL) LOW
Chloride 110 MMOL/L (96 - 108 MMOL/L) HIGH
Sodium 147 MMOL/L (135 - 145 MMOL/L) HIGH
Glucose 94 MG/DL (70 - 99 MG/DL)
Urea Nitrogen 16 MG/DL (5 - 25 MG/DL)
Creatinine 0.8 MG/DL (0.6 - 1.1 MG/DL)
I looked them up on the internet and found they might be caused by kidney or liver disease. Should I be concerned about any of these test results?
Get these tests repeated in 1months!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I have reviewed these results fully. These are borderline abnormalities which in most cases are suggestive of incidental findings than actual ongoing disease processes. There is no single disease condition that explains these abnormalities and an aberration in the testing process is the most likely culprit.
Given the above, I recommend that you get a control test done in a month. Feel free to communicate findings to me for review and more guidance.
Thank you for your answers. I feel relieved to know that these are borderline abnormalities that are incidental findings, and not part of an ongoing disease process. My chloride and sodium are usually normal. However, both my albumin and total protein have been low consistently for six months, so it is not an aberration in testing. Before July, my albumin and total protein were always normal. Since that time, I have increased the amount of protein in my diet to raise my albumin and total protein levels, but it had no effect. Is this any cause for concern?
There is nothing to bother about!
Hi and thanks for this follow up details.
Numbers can get us into panic mood. This often happens when we tend to focus more on numbers than the client. reviewing your details, I am not the least worried about these numbers. Sit back and report any abnormal symptoms that may arise to me for review and insights.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does my sons blood report indicate
- What does these blood reports for salmonella typhi indicate
- What does mild anisopoikilocytosis indicate in a blood report
- What does my blood sugar report indicate
- What does my blood report indicate
- Done with blood work what does the report indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What do reactive lymphocytes indicate in blood report
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?