What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I am 66 and a diabetic for 15 years .My PP blood sugar level is 220mg/dl. My sr.cratine level is 1.0 mg/dl. My mocroalbuin is 30mg/L Am I heading for kidney damage? What shuld I do to prevent it? I walk 40 mnts everyday.I take insulin 36 units in the morning and 26 in the evening. I can be on strict diet if need be. Could you kindly advise me?

I am 5' 6" and weigh 66 kgs.I am In XXXXXXX in a place which is usually hot. 26-40*C.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's a normal complication

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The fact remains that diabetic do develop kidney damage eventually.
A good control of sugars is the only thing that protects the person.
Since you are on insulin drug induced damage Is less likely.
Properly speaking , nothing can stop the progression.
We can try to slow it down.
Monitor n control sugars.
Avoid spicy oily food.
avoid painkillers and antibiotics and medicines in general.
avoid high protein diet, and take plenty of fluids.
Try startinga tablet called Nephrosave.
It's got bacteria that eat urea thereby supporting your kidney.
Also test your retina n heart.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.