What does this blood report indicate?
please upload the results
in order to fully evaluate the result I would need the actual report. You can scan or photograph and upload it. It would be very helpful to know the rest of the lipid levels like total cholesterol and triglycerides.
I'll be waiting for your response.
I've seen your report. Everything is OK!
The HDL particles you've asked about are a little on the low side, which confers less protection than the HDL usually does but the blood levels of both HDL and LDL are not unfavorable. The large HDL particles are the most protective ones and a high LDL concentration combined with high percentage of large HDL are the best regarding cardiovascular risk. Your large HDL particles are somewhat low as a fraction of total HDL.
The overall impression is that your tests are good and there is nothing you should worry about!
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
I've actually included a typo! "... as a fraction of total HDL ..." should be corrected to "... as a fraction of total LDL particles". Small and dense LDL particles are the most atherogenic while the large are the protective ones. I had to make it more clear....
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does my sons blood report indicate
- What does these blood reports for salmonella typhi indicate
- What does mild anisopoikilocytosis indicate in a blood report
- What does my blood sugar report indicate
- What does my blood report indicate
- Done with blood work what does the report indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What do reactive lymphocytes indicate in blood report
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate