What does this TVS test result indicate?
After 6 weeks, TVS test was done and resulted as follows:
Uterus: Bulky in size and is gravid. Two gestational sacs are seen. One gestational sac is noted showing viable embryo pole with normal cardiac pulsation. Yolk sac measures 3 mm.
CRL= 3mm, corresponds to GA of 5 weeks 6 days.
GS = 18 mm, corresponds to GA of 6 weeks 1 day.
FHR = 164 bpm, regular.
Another gestational sac is seen measuring 19 mm (6 weeks 2 days) with large yolk sac ( 6 mm) without visualization of embryonic pole likely to be non-viable.
Normal chorio-decidual reaction noted.
Adnexae : Both the adnexae are normal.
Impression : Two gestational sacs- one with viable embryo of 6 weeks 1 day gestational age. Another gestational sac containing large yolk sac without embryo -- likely to be non- viable.
What may be the reason and what about to worry about " Bulky in size and gravid in uterus" in case of the Positive Pregency".
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Bulky and gravid uterus means enlarged uterus due to the pregnancy inside it.It is a normal finding.
Moreover, the ultrasound shows twin pregnancy, with one fetus with cardiac activity, however, the other twin sac contains no fetus.
This pregnancy will advance as a singleton pregnancy, as the non viable sac will compress with time and will have no effect on the normal fetus.
I suggest you not to worry at all.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What causes water eyes when watching television
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate
- What are the adverse effects of watching television