What does this TSH level indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: hi, i would like some input about my lab test i received a few weeks ago maybe u can give me some answers kinda worried.my tsh 0.015 reference int 0.035-5.500/t4 9.4 reference int 4.5-10.9/t3 1.82 reference int 0.60-1.82......potassium 5.5 reference int 3.6-5.4 calcium10.7 reference int 8.5-10.5 glucose 102 and triglycerides 156 all other are within normal limits.....i take lipitor and zantac and i feel fine no symptoms of hyperthyroidism.......thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be pathologic.Get a control in 3months

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

If for real you have no hyperthyroidism symptoms, I will suggest that you get these tests controlled. They all seem to be somewhere close to the upper limits. This is in the strictest sense less likely to be pathologic. What I will suggest for now is monitor and control of these tests in the next 3months unless something happens in the meantime.

Lipitor would help with the lipid abnormalities. Also, avoid excess lipids intake, exercise regularly and eat healthy.

In all, do nothing aggressive right now. Control these laboratory findings in 3months time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.