What does this PSA level in a person with enlarged prostate indicate?
Hi my prostate volume 55ml psa very low last night while pinning i faced urine blockage no med yet any tips for preventing reoccurance thank s
Pls see detailed answer.
Good Day and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic!
You are suffering from symptoms of an enlarged prostate. It is very good that your serum PSA is low which means you have a very low risk of harboring prostate cancer.
Prostate symptoms are aggravated by intake of coffee, chocolates and strong spices. Alcohol intake has also been shown to worsen symptoms.
Currently we have very good drugs to relieve prostate symptoms (Flomax etc) and it works by relaxing the prostate thereby increasing urine pressure. Another drug (dutasteride) can shrink the prostate by 40%. You may need to see a urologist to get a prescription.
I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-manuel-c-see-iv/66014 I would gladly help you. Best wishes
Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is an enlarged prostate
- What to do for stomach cramping and enlarged prostate
- What are the herbal remedies for enlarged prostate
- What is the treatment for enlarged prostate gland
- What causes an enlarged prostate after an angioplasty
- What causes an enlarged prostate
- Enlarged prostate normal psa
- Enlarged prostate psa
- What does an enlarged prostate feel like
- Enlarged prostate and high psa