What does this MRI report indicate?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: At C3-4 there is mild disk desiccation without significant loss of disk height. Minimal anterolisthesis of c3 with respect to c4 is note with minimal bulge of the posterior disc margin. There is no hight grade of stenosis or foraminal stenosis.
At C 4-5 there is mild disc desiccation without significant loss of disc height. T2 hyperintensity along the posterior disc margin is consistent with annular tear with mild bulge of the posterior disc margin but no focal disc protection. Minimal anterolisthesis of c4 with respect c5 is note. There is mild degenerative facet hypertrophy bilaterally.

I had fusion on c5-6 after the result of this MRI

At C6-7 there is mild disc desiccation without loss of disc height. A 2 mm broad- based posterior disc protrusion mildly indents the ventral aspect of the thecal sac. There is no hight grade stenosis or foraminal stenosis.

My question is this:
Can my neck, shoulder arm pain plus tingling, burning sensation on my upper arm, and stunning pain between my shoulder blade are symptoms of the result of the MRI? Also the intense headache at the back of my heaven on top of my neck are terrible.

Please help me.

Thank,
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue treatment as advised regularly

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome to HCM.

I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

Neck pain, radiating to arm and shoulder blades pain is feature of cervical radiculopathy.

The findings in your MRI are not severe but symptoms require treatment.

You should take Tab PREGABALIN and Tab AMITRYPTILLINE for pain after consulting with your Neurologist (these are prescription drugs so you'll need to check with your local physician) and continue physiotherapy and medications.

Take calcium and vitamin D supplementation also.

Occipital region headache may be due to cervical spondylosis or sometime migraine.

The above medication should be able to make improvements.

Please Upload your MRI images for further advice .

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Do get back to me for further queries
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee