What does this BP value of 106/53 in an elderly person indicate?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: If my dad has blood pressure of 106/53 and he is 81 years old that had a stroke 3 years ago is that blood pressure ok
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal blood pressure for his age

Detailed Answer:

Actually it is a normal blood pressure, but it depends greatly what is his usual blood pressure, if his usual systolic blood pressure is more than 135 mm Hg, then it is low. But if he has no complains and there is no big difference from his usual blood pressure, it is normal, and there is nothing to be concerned.

Hope I could help you

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist