• question-icon

What does the following ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I iriginally had a catscan which indicated multiple bilateral cysts. The photo i ma sendind is the result of an ultrasound. I wont see the doctor until September 19. What is you best prognosis based on the report i sent. I do have high cholesterol, hypertension, recently had staph infection, blood in urine with E coli. Low iron but on a iron supplement.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need further evaluation .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the report of Ultrasound Scanning that you have uploaded you have been detected to have Cysts in both the kidneys .

In most of the cases these cysts are congenital in origin and do not require any treatment unless get infected or become complex or increase in size suddenly .

As regards increased echogenisity in both the kidneys it is due to super added infection. Doubtful hydronephrosis in both the kidneys require further imaging studies like Retrograde Pyelography or Nuclear study like DTPA scan and renal function test to assess the functions of both the kidneys .

However I think there is no need to worry and does not require any active intervention.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
What do you mean by super infection as my white blood count was high because i was passing blood when peeing that also had e coli and the next day i had a staph infection that started on my finger. My blood pressure went up at that time to 150 (normally 120) so they put me on Bystolic for hypertension. I believe the blood pressure was. A redult of fighting the infection. My iron levels also went extremely low so they put me on iron.

Also what does medical rebal disease mean in the diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Super added infection indicates infection secondary to obstruction .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Presence of blood in urine and E-Coli organisms being detected indicates infection which may be secondary to partial obstruction to flow of urine as revealed by Hydronephrosis of both he kidneys .

Get your urine culture done and take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Renal Medical disease is disease of the Renal Paranchyma that has been reported as a Hyperechogenisity in both the kidneys.
Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist