What does the following scan report during pregnancy indicate?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,

This is with reference to pregnancy. My wife is pregnant second time (last time got terminated due to missed abortion/ miscarriage) and is in 11th week currently, consulting a doctor in XXXXXXX With early scan and then during 8th week scan, the baby foetus was found to be good and healthy. Now we have to wait until 3rd month scan for further as advised by the doctor. But there is this worry and we want to be assured that everything is good (due to missed abortion last year). Wanted to know is there any test or scan we can undergo to be safe and take remedy in case of any concern - in context of before going for 3rd month scan.

Let me know if you need further details.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Be optimistic

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Missed abortion once can be due to chromosomal anomaly. This is the commonest cause of first trimester abortion.
Other causes should be ruled out like diabetes and hypothyroidism.
So, blood sugar fasting and post prandial levels and TSH levels should be done.
Moreover, folic acid should be continued.
Stress should be avoided and she should be optimistic.
Rest, scan should be.done at 3 months.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng